COMIC SANS - VSAUCE
VOCABULARY and EXPRESSIONS: write the definitions for these words that will help you during the video.
- To pull a 360 (1:50)
- Based on something (4:14)
- Uncanny (6:30)- strange
- Fumble (8:20) seach
LISTENING and DISCUSSION QUESTIONS: Watch the video through once, and answer the questions from your understanding. Then watch it again and look for the specific time stamps to help you.
1. What is the default type font for comments on YouTube? (0:32)
2.Why does Vsauce use Alcina typeface? (0:40)
3. At 1:05, Michael quotes Alan Fletcher to say, “A typeface is an alphabet in a straight jacket.” What could he mean by this?
4. Rank these in order from least (3) to most (1) complained about things on Twitter (1:46):
Justin Bieber Airlines Comic Sans
5. Why do we call the word for different typefaces “font”? (3:38)
6. What is “lower case” and “upper case” as we know it today? (4:00) Why do we use those words?
7. How was Comic Sans created? (4:14) What was the style based on?
8. Why is Comic Sans hated so much? (4:50)
9. Type design is a more expressive than words___________________________. (5:46)
10. Describe the “Uncanny Valley”. What are other examples of this concept? (6:30)
11. What did he compare the “ugliness” of Comic Sans to? (8:20)